Post: Trust Payroll Officer
Location: Central Office, Sheffield Business Park, Tinsley, Sheffield
Pay scale: NJC Grade 06, covering Scale Points: 21: £30,825 to 26: £34,834 gross per annum
Contract: Full time, Temporary (37 hours x 52 weeks)
Start date: As soon as possible
End date: 31 August 2024
Minerva Learning Trust is an expanding Sheffield based Multi Academy Trust with a vision of providing outstanding education for all the students within our schools. The Trust is passionate that all students should see their time at school as happy and fulfilling with their potential developed to the utmost.
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Officer to join our HR department. The successful candidate will:
• Be self-motivated with good interpersonal skills that ensure organisational communication is effective and ensuring our schools feel fully supported.
• Work in liaison with the Trust HR Advisors’ and to ensure the accuracy of monthly payroll actions in line with the Trust Pay Policy and statutory frameworks.
• Have experience of payroll management.
• Support the work of the Trust HR and Payroll Assistant.
• Have a good understanding of current payroll rules and regulations.
• Be able to work with Trust Central Team and School Colleagues whilst building sound working relationships.
In return the successful candidate will:
• Be a member of the Trust Central Team and join a strong and dynamic team of professionals across our organisation.
• Have access to the Trust comprehensive professional development programme.
• Have access to the local government pension scheme and terms and conditions aligned to the National Joint Council for Local Government Services
Candidates can find out more about the Trust and our schools via the Trust website www.minervalearningtrust.co.uk Further information about the role is available by contacting HR via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is 9:00 am on Thursday 07 December 2023 and interviews will take place during week commencing 11 December 2023.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment, further information can be found in our child protection and safeguarding policy on our statutory information page on our website Minerva Learning Trust. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. In line with KCSIE, the trust will be carrying out online searches on shortlisted candidates as part of their due diligence.
The application form and information pack is available on the trust website www.minervalearningtrust.co.uk Please ensure that you do not fill in a Sheffield City Council application form in respect of this vacancy as your application may not be considered