Post: Senior Teaching Assistant- Specialising in SEMH and/or ADHD
Location: Handsworth Grange Community Sports College
Contract: 37 hours x 39 weeks- Permanent
Salary: Grade 4 (£19,554-£21,589) Pro rota
Start date: 1 September 2020
Minerva Learning Trust is a recently formed and expanding Sheffield based multi-academy Trust with a vision of providing outstanding education for all the pupils within our academies. The Trust is passionate that all pupils should see their time at school as happy and fulfilling, with their potential developed to the utmost.
We are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant who specialises or has the relevant experience, passion and qualifications in SEMH and/or ADHD. We are seeking to recruit a passionate and hardworking individual to join our outstanding Pupil Support team. The successful candidate will:
• Be a team player with a flexible approach that ensures continuous school support
• Have experience working with pupils of secondary school age
• Be able to work independently with initiative and insight
• Have a good understanding of the barriers faced by young people with ADHD, attachment difficulties or other SEMH needs, that prevent school engagement and achievement
• Have the skills and experience to support young people both in and out of the classroom
• Have the skills and experience to work in partnership with other professionals and parents
Candidates are encouraged to have an informal discussion about the role with Alison Keeton- Headteachers PA, arrangements for this can be made by contacting Alison Keeton- Headteachers PA via e-mail email@example.com
The closing date is Monday 1st June 2020 (12 noon) and interviews will take place on Friday 05 June 2020. * Please note due to Covid-19 restrictions interviews will be held remotely via Microsoft Teams.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Further information is available by contacting Alison Keeton- Headteachers PA via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org